Monday, July 21, 2008

Literary Luminary

Paragraph 2. Page 73

They had been killed by germens against which their systems could not fight; killed, after all man’s machines had failed, by the smallest things that God has put on this Earth.

***** I choose this paragraph because I think that this is a good part of the book in which we discovered how the Martians were killed and I was waiting to know how they died.

Paragraph 5. Page 77 & 78

‘The house is deserted,’ said a voice. ‘No one has been here for ten days. Don’t stay home and make yourself unhappy. No one escaped except you.’
I was shocked. Had I spoken my thought aloud? I turned, and the door to the garden was open behind me. I took a step towards it and stood looking out.
And there, amazed and afraid, as I too stood amazed and afraid, were my cousin and my wife – white and tearless. She gave a faint cry.

***** I choose this other paragraph because after all he is been through there was a happy ending and I was worth it because he found out that his wife was still alive and I felt happy to read this paragraph because they both end up together, because I never imagine that was dead and didn’t end up to get her.

No comments: